Hospice is a special program dedicated to the needs of the terminally ill with a palliative approach towards care. Our facility contracts with several outside Hospice Agencies trained in providing quality of life with a focus on the comfort of each individual. Their professionals join our staff in providing additional services which may include:
- Treating the physical needs of the resident including, pain and symptom management.
- Providing for the resident’s spiritual and emotional needs with the help of social workers, counselors, members of the clergy and volunteers.
- Providing coordination of facility services through the utilization of an interdisciplinary approach involving the resident, family members, attending physicians, nurses, home health aides and facility personnel.
- Bereavement Counseling is available for families for up to one year after death through grief support groups and individual counseling.
- Development of a transition plan completed prior to discharge.
- Collaboration with home health and durable medical equipment agencies to ensure smooth transition for patients who can return home on a lower level of care.
- Monthly drug regimen review by our Pharmacist.
Medicare and Medi-Cal eligible residents may receive services from a licensed Hospice Agency for Respite; Routine and Inpatient services. Please speak with our Director of Nursing Services or our Social Service Designee for additional information.
We recognize that as a caregiver in the home, there may arise times when family members themselves need to focus on personal affairs thus requiring assistance with the care of their loved one. Through our Respite Program, our facility provides security and supervision in a caring and compassionate environment thus giving the caregiver peace of mind.
Respite care is designed to meet the physical and medical needs of a resident during a short term stay. A traditional Respite stay usually lasts between one and two weeks but can be extended if needed at the request of the resident’s attending physician and with facility approval. Respite residents can avail themselves of all of the programs offered at our facility while continuing with their medical care as prescribed by their attending physician.
Whether you need protection for your loved one during your absence or you need a rest from the daily routine of being the primary caregiver, Respite offers an affordable solution and can be available in both our secured dementia unit as well as our skilled nursing unit.
Madera Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is proud to be contracted with Optimal Hospice Care and Saint Agnes Hospice. In the event that a family wishes to choose another agency, please let us know so we can work with the other agency under a Letter of Agreement.
Here are some helpful links to assist families during this difficult time:
Residential Homecare Services
Madera Community Hospital
Saint Marys Home Health